AWEC implemented Education in Emergency (EiE) project for Internally Displaced People (IDPs) and returnees’ children in Kabul, Nangarhar, Kunar, Kunduz and Laghman Provinces from August 14, 2017 to December 31, 2018. The project aim was to provide quality education facilities to conflict effected children in Kabul, Nangarhar, Laghman, Kunduz and Kunar Provinces. The project implemented by a consortium of three national NGOs, Equality for peace and Democracy (EPD), and The Liaison Office (TLO) and AWEC and the consortium was led and coordinated by AWEC.
Project Results Achieved:
1. AWEC trained 25 participants included master trainers of EiE partner NGOs and PEDs and focal points on EiE preparedness and response plan.
2. A total of 32 Temporary Learning Space (tents) are provided to schools and 1800 hundred children are benefited from these tents.
3. A total of 253 CBE classes are established and 7614 children (G=4616, B=2998) are benefited from these classes.
4. A total of 4500 (G=2623, B=1877) IDPs and returnees’ children in public schools received Top Up Kits.
5. During the project period 112 ALC classes are established and 2815 Children (G=1704, B=1111) are benefited from these classes.
6. 199 new teachers hired and trained.
7. A total of 180 Advocacy and outreach session on different topics are conducted. An Average of 3600 people are benefited from these sessions.
8. 20 Education personnel are trained on EiE.
9. Total 80 school shuras (2 people per shura) are oriented on EiE.
10. 26780 children are benefited from contingency kits (textbooks, black board, stationary and floor mate.