The Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs held a major meeting of the Network for Child Protection (CPAN) on 16 April 2012 to celebrate the functions of national and international institutions. The meeting was attended by senior officials of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, heads of departments and representatives of institutions and organizations working with the Ministry, including two representatives from the Office (AWEC). At the start of the meeting, the head of the General Social Security Department of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, Abdul Razza Salar, stated that the extraordinary meeting was due for the appreciation of the institutions that are fitting themselves in the areas of child protection and social security in 2018. “The ministry is committed to keeping the names of the accredited offices in the archives of the ministry and to report to the president,” he added.
In the follow-up session, the head of the Children and Family Affairs Department of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs announced the names of the 10 national institutions and 10 international organizations that were eligible to receive a letter of appreciation and a letter of appreciation from them, which the Afghan Women’s Education Center They were included.
Mr. Moral described the merit standards of offices and institutions as follows.
- Signing the memorandum with this ministry
- Compliance of the Memorandum of Understanding in the best way
- Carry out effective activities in the area of child protection and safety
- Participation in social services
- Provide better services in the field of child protection
- Better co-ordination and cooperation with the Ministry on specific programs
- Active participation in monthly, quarterly and annual meetings of this ministry
- Participate in national and international meetings and conferences related to the working sectors
- Regular and active reporting according to the dates specified by the Ministry
- Accountability and transparency in project implementation
At the end of Mr. Salar’s meeting, the example of the appreciation of institutions and peer organizations in other ministries is less visible, but the ministry intends to continue this trend in the coming years.